Monday, November 12, 2012

My Story - Heather Keogh

 
 

Posted by Barbara Armstrong Green
Welcome. Please take a moment to read this important letter from Heather about how Susie's Cause may have saved her life. The folks at Susie's Cause encourage you to check in with your doctor if you suspect there's something wrong.  And don't be afraid to get a second opinion even if you're not scheduled for colon cancer screening yet.
 
Dear David Cohan,
Back in February 2009 (I was 39 at the time), I had what turned out to be my first symptom of colon cancer. This caused me to do what most of us do today…self-diagnose through internet MD. That is when I first saw Susie’s Story. Of course, I dismissed that this could possibly be my ailment, but our life similarities stuck in my head - around the same age, also a mother of two young children. I was from Florida, but now living in Maryland.
 
At that time, I dismissed my symptom and moved on, but her life story was always in my head. A few months later, the symptom resurfaced and I actually discussed it with my internist. Unfortunately, she also dismissed it, figuring it was nothing to worry about.
 
Then, actually on my 40th birthday, the symptom returned, and I decided to see a GI doctor. He suggested a colonoscopy, just to be sure, which led to my diagnosis in October 2009. I was lucky to be considered an early diagnosis, stage 2A, and so far I have remained cancer free.
 
I wanted to share this with you, as you may not realize the ways in which your foundation is able to reach people and help save lives. I would be happy to offer my assistance if you have any needs locally. Thank you, for continuing her cause and helping to prevent others from suffering.

Warm regards,
Heather

To learn about colon cancer symptoms, click on the Susie's Cause web site's About Colon Cancer tab.  Please leave a comment below. We welcome people to tell their stories.
 
 

 

With My Girls June 2012
 

With Hubby Above and Family Below



 

Medical Disclaimer

The information presented on the Susan Cohan Colon Cancer web site is solely intended to provide you with information that will help educate you on the importance of diet, exercise and regular cancer screening in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Adopting these habits is an individual choice and one that should only be made after consultation with your health care professional. No information provided on this Web site or otherwise offered is intended to replace or in any way modify the advice of your health care professional. 

1 comment:

Surgical Oncology India said...


Thank you for giving information on cancer treatment.It is really good and helpful for the people.Keep giving such a valuable information.I will wait for your next post.
Regards:cancer treatment in india