Monday, April 15, 2013

You Gotta Love Berries



I was so excited to see that Dr. Fuhrman’s latest article published on the Susie’s Cause web site is all about my favorite food – berries – especially blueberries. 

My husband and I have been sprinkling them on our morning cereal for several years because we heard that they were very healthy to eat.   I even keep a bag of  berries in the freezer just in case we run out of the fresh ones.

What I didn’t know was that Dr. Fuhrman, the #1 New York Times best-selling author of Eat to Live and Super Immunity lists berries as disease-protective super foods, along with greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, and seeds.

Berries and their kissing cousins - the pomegranate - are full of health benefits. 

Dr. Fuhrman's advice: "Include berries in your diet as often as possible to enjoy these numerous health benefits. Berries and pomegranate have the highest nutrient to calorie ratio of all fruits, and they protect against not only cancer, but heart disease, hypertension and diabetes as well."

Click here to learn more about how these superstars can help to keep you healthy.
How Can Berries Protect You?

No comments: